Web Application Project generated CodeBehind. I find myself having to add controls in the designer file manually, which is not that big of deal, but irritating. Swapping to the design view and back to source sometimes does it, sometimes not.
Making the page dirty, saving, and then doing what I want to do sometimes fixes it. I think its that level of inconsistency that drives me bonkers. It has to have something to do with how Visual Studio builds its memory cache, maybe?
If you close the VS instance and re-start it the problem seems to be gone as well. Roshan May 21, re: I only see that option if I right-click on my project file. Would this have the same effect? Any other ways I could fix this? Vera July 15, re: Also, have you noticed that it seems like the problem starts relaltively "small" - the controls on the design form are not recognized in the code-behind page and.
The problem than seem to propogate: First you can still complile the app, then you no longer can. With each complie attempt the rest of the pages seem to get the same issue, etc.
As a matter of fact, after following the above instructions I no longer can open the aspx. So yes, the above solution was not solution at all. It has been somewhat useful to read such a detailed and accurate representation of what I have been experiencing today - very maddening. To add to the documentation of the problem, unfortinetely I have no solution as well I have made the following serious of steps prior to the problem appearing, so the root might be somewhere there: Closed the Development web app and Visual Studio ; 4.
Using Windows Explorer copied all the files from the Production app into the folder of the newly create Development app; 5. Open Development app in Visual Studio - all works fine so far; 6. Did some cosmetic changes; 7. Changed code in code-behind pages two pages to accomodate new functionality; 9. Compiled the project no errors and uploaded on the test Development server FTP and tested - All works fine! Two days later opened up the app to make some cosmetic changes.
Changed some spelling HTML , uploaded on the server, tested, had my boss look at it and a few co-workers - all works great! Opened the project again and this time noticed the. All when downhill from there. Aaron October 14, re: Thanks though, this was helpful. Brad January 18, re: In my case I am creating an.
I have found that if you rename the. Then I just rename it back again to what it was before. Seems to work disclaimer: Chris February 16, re: This is a complete show stopper and forces me back to VS When the shit was fully loaded i created a new content page and dragged some controls to it and to my surprise none of the seemed to be recognized by the studio even though they were asp: I switched to another old page and found the same phenomenon.
I've re-referenced the System. Web namespace and have tripple checked the main. I will try your suggestion today so hopefully it'll work out as planned.
I'll be back Bennet!